OBJECTIVES: Students will be able to
• Design a scale model of a kite
• Measure the dimensions and angles of the scale model
• Determine the scale factor of the scale model
• Compute the area and perimeter of the scale model
• Construct and fly a kite
- You and your partner will construct a kite.
- The shorter diagonal must be at least 30 centimeters long
- Your kite should be able to “fly” for at least 10 seconds 10 feet off the ground
- Materials List (No store bought kites are allowed!!)
- Scale drawing / Blueprint of Kite (Computer generated is great!!) This should include the scale factor!
- Kite measurements
- Photo of team members flying kite outdoors
- Kite reflection